Ban Appeal

SoloWingPixy

Nov 19, 2019
Hey,

Date and Time : 19/11/2019
Game : Squad
In-Game Name : SoloWingPixy
Reason for ban : Someone asked who built a particular HAB and I got kicked. Not exactly sure, clicked too fast on the message and wasn't sure what was going on. A heads up would've been welcome to see if I could fix whatever I did wrong.
Steam 64 ID :76561198004193875

SoloWingPixy

Nov 19, 2019
Correction: Apparently I built a HAB on a radio. Didn't think I did, beside it yes but not on top, if in error wasn't on purpose and a notification and I wouldv'e sorted it.

SoloWingPixy

Nov 19, 2019
On further review of this, I actually remember I did not build the HAB on the radio, I had built the radio 100+ or more meters south of the HAB as good practice dictates so its not easy to find it. I would've expected it to be quiet hard to find for the enemy.

"I had solid information from an Admin on your team on who built the hab. You are an experienced player who has lots of hours on our server and you know the rules it shouldn't of happened in the first place. Ban experies

20/11/2019 14:01
in 17 hours "
AtJamesKurt

The information that was provided was incorrect and I'd like the ban stripped from the record irrespective of the fact that the 24 hour ban is almost up.

As you've highlighted I'm an "relatively" experienced player with lots of time on TLR sever and I should know the rules which for the most part I do and at a minimum, I'd know of the HAB/RADIO glitch. Given this I'd assume a admin would more likely assume no ill will was meant and a simple message advising me to remove any potential glitch would've been better practice.

As FEEDBACK in terms of modding the server:

Someone asked on the SL Chat who built the southern HAB in which I responded that I did. I was immediately kicked. If there was a glitch or any other exploit implemented and if this issue was mentioned rather than just trying to call me out and it was was flagged at the time I would of been able to remove it. No option was given to me and I was immediately kicked/banned.

I would advise on better practice or protocol of modding which I have seen from other admins on the TLR sever that a warning highlighted in yellow to the given player to remove the glitch before a kicking & banning the player.

Appreciate if an additional person can provide their input on this as AtJamesKurt response was somewhat unconsidered and prejudged without considering the facts or a modding/admin protocol.

SoloWingPixy

Nov 19, 2019
Just on your rules, even if i did utlise the radio exploit which I didn't, according to the rules, i shouldv'e been warned first and then kicked, if found to have repeated glitching, then I should've been banned.

Follow up and clarification of rule #8 specifically the 'Don't exploit' part. This also encompasses the exploit where you can place structures on top or over the Radio and the placing of "floating" emplacements which is not allowed. Neither is it allowed to "wallbang" a limb sticking trough a wall. (You can shoot trough penetrable fences)
[warn/kick]

* Repeated offenses after a kick will result in a ban depending on severity.

Hayden

Founder
Staff member
Aug 3, 2018
England
Hello SoloWingPixy, I have reviewed both the ban and your appeal and it appears the ban has already expired meaning you can play on our server again.

If you wish to discuss anything else about your case feel free to send me a PM on discord. Hayden#9308